Our Launchpads are groups established to transform a specific arena, business, industry, or institution. We simply gather to create opportunities to bless and see that arena transformed by the love and blessing of God. We gather in the community, pray, and invent ways to serve and bless.
As a transformational church, we believe that we are to be established in the marketplace as ministers of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We believe that through the two “Banks of the River” of transformation as taught by Ed Silvoso, we will see our spheres of influence look like the kingdom of God as the river of God flows in our community.
Bank #1: The Five Pivotal Paradigms
- The Great Commission is about
disciplingnations, not just individuals.“Go and make disciples of all nations…” (Matt. 28:19)
- The marketplace (the heart of the nation) has already been redeemed by Jesus and now needs to be reclaimed by His followers. “For he [Jesus Christ] came to seek and to save that which was lost.” (Luke 19:10)
- Labor is the premier expression of worship on Earth, and every believer is a minister. “Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men.” (Col. 3:23)
- Our primary call is not to build the Church but to take the Kingdom of God where the kingdom of darkness is still entrenched in order for Jesus to build His Church. “…Upon this rock I will build My church
; andthe gates of Hades will not overpower it. I give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven.” (Matt. 16:18-19)
- The premier social indicator that transformation has taken place is the elimination of systemic poverty. “The Son of God (Christ) appeared for
thispurpose, to destroy the works of the devil.” (1 John 3:8b)
Bank #2: Prayer Evangelism – Model from Luke 10:1-9
- Bless and pray a blessing– (v. 5) Allow blessing to be your primary response to every situation allowing God’s peace and power to enter the lives you meet. Praying a blessing will open heavenly doors for those you pray for.
- Fellowship with them– (v. 7) No matter where people are at with God or how we may disagree with anyone, we ask questions and get to know people. Whether it’s a coffee break or having people over for a meal, fellowship empowers us to discover who they are and what their needs might be.
- Minister to felt needs– (v.9a) As you fellowship and bless, you will hear what is on a person’s heart. The things that are important to them, no matter what we think about them, are important to God. In those moments of vulnerability and trust, invite God to come into minister to that felt need as only God can. Listen to what Holy Spirit may direct you to do to minister to them as well.
- Proclaim the Kingdom has come near to you – (v.9b) When the need is met by God either through the supernatural provision of God or through the people of God, we are able to tell people with a demonstration of His love, how much God loves
them,and provided a way for them to know the God who loved them enough to meet their need.
Our Launchpads live out this process in the community. The Banks of the river give us the understanding (paradigms) and the activity for bringing transformation. We know that Prayer Evangelism performed from the right paradigms will transform a city and a region.
- Prayer Evangelism is the lifestyle by which we walk out these five paradigms.
- Prayer Evangelism connects an earthly problem to a divine solution.
- Prayer Evangelism most simply defined, is talking to God about your neighbors before you talk to your neighbors about God.
- Prayer Evangelism is getting everyone everywhere prayed for, that we might live a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness. (1 Tim. 2:1-8)
- Prayer Evangelism effectively changes the spiritual climate because it causes Satan to fall down and his demonic forces to become subject to the Church. (Luke 10:1-17)
Launchpad Hosts and Arenas: